Monday, August 1, 2011

August 2011 Update

A lot has happened in 2011. Shaun, Nehemiah and I moved to the house next door in March. Shaun got a new job working on skid row. We took Dave Ramsey's FPU class and started paying off our student loans with gazelle-like intensity....maybe moose-like intensity fits us better. I survived a second round of layoffs with more to come next spring. I started taking a hybrid course to become a Career Development Facilitator (CDF) which is a fancy shmancy name for someone who helps people go through the entire career development process. It's been a lot of fun!

What else? The world did not end on May 26th. We are trying to figure out what to do for our 5 year anniversary this December. I'm thinking Catalina Island would be fun. I've lived here for 10 years and never been there, so I think it's time.

I've also noticed an interesting trend in the blog world of my friends - a plateau or decline in postings. My guess is that the slowing has occurred because of facebook. It makes it so much easier to update everyone at once. No need to duplicate photos here and there. Everyone who cares will see them and can comment without the approval process. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

So there's the real reason why I post once a year and why so many others have stopped posting. Plus, I never know if anyone ever reads what I've written. Am I then only writing to read my own thoughts? I hope not.

Peace out mi amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment